Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs in biopic
LOS ANGELES - April 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- He's already a titan of social media, so it only makes sense that Ashton Kutcher would play the late Apple founder Steve Jobs in an upcoming biography.
Kutcher's publicist confirmed that the independent film "Jobs" will begin production in May while he's on hiatus from the CBS sitcom "Two and a Half Men." Variety first reported the casting news.
The 34-year-old actor, who has over 10 million Twitter followers, will portray Jobs through his rise from hippie to hugely revered technological entrepreneur as the co-founder of Apple. Jobs died last October after a long battle with cancer.
movies, ashton kutcher, steve jobs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 45 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more