Ashley Judd to be Democratic convention delegate
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - April 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Democratic leaders in Tennessee are sending actress Ashley Judd as a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in September.
The Tennessean newspaper in Nashville reports (http://tnne.ws/Hc0pDK) that Judd is one of three delegates selected by party officials in Williamson County to serve in at-large positions at the convention. Judd has been outspoken on a variety of humanitarian and social justice issues and has supported local Democratic candidates in the past.
Judd will join delegates from all 50 states at the convention to discuss the party's platform and formally nominate President Barack Obama as the party's candidate.
The convention will be held in Charlotte, N.C., during the first week of September.
ashley judd, democrats, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 8 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 31 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police