Sarah Palin fails to give 'Today' a ratings jolt
NEW YORK (AP) -April 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- If Sarah Palin's star turn on the "Today" show was meant to send ratings soaring, it fell short.
The gap dividing NBC's "Today" from ABC runner-up "Good Morning America" widened by just 23,000 viewers Tuesday compared with the day before, according to the Nielsen Co.
"Good Morning America" had its own guest star, Katie Couric, back on morning TV after many years hosting "Today." But Couric, now at ABC, is filling in all week at "GMA." Palin was "Today" guest co-host on Tuesday only.
"Today" drew 5.5 million viewers, while "GMA" had 356,000 fewer tuning in. On Monday, the gap dividing them was 333,000 viewers.
This morning-show rivalry has intensified as "GMA" chips away at the audience margin that has kept "Today" in first place for 15 years.
sarah palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 35 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 16 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ