Sarah Palin fails to give 'Today' a ratings jolt
NEW YORK (AP) -April 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- If Sarah Palin's star turn on the "Today" show was meant to send ratings soaring, it fell short.
The gap dividing NBC's "Today" from ABC runner-up "Good Morning America" widened by just 23,000 viewers Tuesday compared with the day before, according to the Nielsen Co.
"Good Morning America" had its own guest star, Katie Couric, back on morning TV after many years hosting "Today." But Couric, now at ABC, is filling in all week at "GMA." Palin was "Today" guest co-host on Tuesday only.
"Today" drew 5.5 million viewers, while "GMA" had 356,000 fewer tuning in. On Monday, the gap dividing them was 333,000 viewers.
This morning-show rivalry has intensified as "GMA" chips away at the audience margin that has kept "Today" in first place for 15 years.
sarah palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 46 min ago
- Shower In Spots 38 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
46 min ago
- Shower In Spots
38 min ago