'Evita' star Ricky Martin still feels stage pangs
NEW YORK - April 06, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ricky Martin commands the stage with an air of confidence, yet the Latin superstar admits to being self-conscious at times.
"I'm still human and sometimes I feel uncertain about things," Martin admitted Thursday night at the Broadway premiere of the revival of "Evita," the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical.
As for "coming out" over his orientation, Martin admits that was an important step for him.
"That helps a lot" the Grammy-winning performer said. "Now I'm just allowing myself to feel onstage and see lives though the life of this character."
Martin has a few lives of his own to deal with these days as the performer is "Livin La Vida Familia" with his partner, Carlos, and their twin sons.
"I'm loving every minute of it. Loving every minute of it," Martin said.
Martin plays Che, the every-man narrator in the show currently playing at the Marquis Theater.
broadway, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 42 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ