Final book of Churchill trilogy coming this fall
NEW YORK - April 09, 2012 (WPVI) -- The third and final volume of the late William Manchester's beloved series on Winston Churchill is coming out this fall, nearly 25 years since the previous book.
In November, Little, Brown and Company will publish "The Last Lion: Winston Spencer Churchill: Defender of the Realm, 1940-1965." The new work was started by Manchester and completed by Paul Reid, a former writer for Cox Newspapers. Manchester, who began the Churchill series in the 1980s, was in poor health during his latter years and asked Reid to take over the project.
Little, Brown spokeswoman Nicole Dewey said Sunday that the first two biographies had sold hundreds of thousands of copies and that the publisher still receives frequent inquiries about the third book.
Manchester died in 2004 at age 82.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds 57 min ago
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants 55 min ago
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada 54 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
46 min ago