Muppets are NYC's new family-friendly ambassadors
NEW YORK - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy are Mayor Michael Bloomberg's newest allies in his mission to attract more visitors to New York City.
The Muppets joined Bloomberg on Friday as he announced that Jim Henson's lovable creations are the city's official "Family Ambassadors."
The whole gang will encourage families to travel to the Big Apple. They'll highlight the city's family-friendly restaurants, parks and other attractions.
The tourism and marketing arm, NYC and Company, says the city welcomed 15 million family visitors in 2011.
Kermit told reporters that he plans to hang out in the pond in Central Park. But Miss Piggy said she prefers shopping at Tiffany's.
Bloomberg was also joined by Gonzo the Great and Pepe the King Prawn.
new york, new york city, muppets, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases