Muppets are NYC's new family-friendly ambassadors
NEW YORK - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy are Mayor Michael Bloomberg's newest allies in his mission to attract more visitors to New York City.
The Muppets joined Bloomberg on Friday as he announced that Jim Henson's lovable creations are the city's official "Family Ambassadors."
The whole gang will encourage families to travel to the Big Apple. They'll highlight the city's family-friendly restaurants, parks and other attractions.
The tourism and marketing arm, NYC and Company, says the city welcomed 15 million family visitors in 2011.
Kermit told reporters that he plans to hang out in the pond in Central Park. But Miss Piggy said she prefers shopping at Tiffany's.
Bloomberg was also joined by Gonzo the Great and Pepe the King Prawn.
new york, new york city, muppets, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 15 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?