Muppets are NYC's new family-friendly ambassadors
NEW YORK - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy are Mayor Michael Bloomberg's newest allies in his mission to attract more visitors to New York City.
The Muppets joined Bloomberg on Friday as he announced that Jim Henson's lovable creations are the city's official "Family Ambassadors."
The whole gang will encourage families to travel to the Big Apple. They'll highlight the city's family-friendly restaurants, parks and other attractions.
The tourism and marketing arm, NYC and Company, says the city welcomed 15 million family visitors in 2011.
Kermit told reporters that he plans to hang out in the pond in Central Park. But Miss Piggy said she prefers shopping at Tiffany's.
Bloomberg was also joined by Gonzo the Great and Pepe the King Prawn.
new york, new york city, muppets, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 37 min ago
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 1 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- SUV crashes into gas pump, bursts into flames
12 min ago