Muppets are NYC's new family-friendly ambassadors
NEW YORK - April 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy are Mayor Michael Bloomberg's newest allies in his mission to attract more visitors to New York City.
The Muppets joined Bloomberg on Friday as he announced that Jim Henson's lovable creations are the city's official "Family Ambassadors."
The whole gang will encourage families to travel to the Big Apple. They'll highlight the city's family-friendly restaurants, parks and other attractions.
The tourism and marketing arm, NYC and Company, says the city welcomed 15 million family visitors in 2011.
Kermit told reporters that he plans to hang out in the pond in Central Park. But Miss Piggy said she prefers shopping at Tiffany's.
Bloomberg was also joined by Gonzo the Great and Pepe the King Prawn.
new york, new york city, muppets, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list