Gun in photo with Pippa Middleton said to be a toy
PARIS (AP) - April 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pippa Middleton went to Paris for a friend's birthday party and the British media are agog over an alleged gun flashed at paparazzi by one of her companions.
But a spokesman for a French fashion designer photographed in a car with Middleton, sister of the Duchess of Cambridge, and a pistol-brandishing driver says it was a toy gun, and just "a game" with paparazzi.
Aymeric de Drouas, spokesman for a French clothing company owned by Arthur de Soultrait, told The Associated Press the gun in a photo published by The Sun newspaper was a toy and the photographers knew it.
Drouas says Middleton and Soultrait told him they were joking with photographers who'd been trailing them throughout Middleton's visit for Soultrait's birthday party.
Paris police say they've received no complaint and are not investigating.
pippa middleton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 33 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos