Mary J. Blige to sing national anthem at Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - April 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Grammy winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year's Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Blige has won nine Grammy Awards and four American Music Awards since her debut album "What's the 411" in 1992 that had two No. 1 hits: "You Remind Me" and "Real Love."
kentucky derby, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs