Mary J. Blige to sing national anthem at Derby
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - April 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Grammy winner Mary J. Blige is expected to sing the national anthem at this year's Kentucky Derby.
A statement from Churchill Downs on Monday says Blige will sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" at the Louisville track around 5:10 p.m. on May 5, shortly before the running of the 138th Kentucky Derby.
Blige has won nine Grammy Awards and four American Music Awards since her debut album "What's the 411" in 1992 that had two No. 1 hits: "You Remind Me" and "Real Love."
kentucky derby, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 26 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 18 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 1 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 2 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
29 min ago