Rhoda! Valerie Harper has book deal
NEW YORK (AP) - April 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- At last, the truth about Rhoda Morgenstern.
Valerie Harper, the actress who played one of television's most beloved sidekicks, is working on a memoir called "I Rhoda Book." (Yes, meaning "I wrote a book"). Gallery Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, announced Monday that the memoir is scheduled for January 2013 and would feature Harper's years on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and as star of the spinoff series "Rhoda."
According to Gallery, the book will be "filled with charming anecdotes" about Mary Tyler Moore, Betty White and other performers Harper has worked with. In a statement Monday, the 72-year-old Harper said she still gets "called Rhoda so often" that she forgets "who's who."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup 22 min ago
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra