Bucks County Playhouse reveals slate of shows
NEW HOPE, Pa. (AP) - April 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Bucks County Playhouse will celebrate its reopening this summer with Neil Simon and a little Rodgers and Hammerstein.
The Playhouse announced Tuesday that the musical "A Grand Night for Singing" will debut July 2 and run through July 22. The revue features over 30 of Rodgers and Hammerstein's greatest hits, including "Some Enchanted Evening."
Later in the summer, Simon's "Barefoot in the Park" directed by Sheryl Kaller will return to the Playhouse, where it played before its 1963 original Broadway run. Performances begin Aug. 7 and run through Aug. 26.
A third production running in December will be announced later.
Tickets go on sale Friday. The historic 450-seat Playhouse went dark in 2010 and fell into foreclosure before being bought last year. It is being rennovated.
theater, bucks county, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ