11-year-old unveiled as Broadway's newest 'Annie'
NEW YORK - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Broadway's newest Annie is an 11-year-old from Los Angeles with long black curly hair who is already a Broadway veteran.
Lilla Crawford was unveiled Friday as the girl slated to play the title role in a fall revival of the Tony Award-winning musical "Annie."
Says Crawford: "It's going to be so fun."
She made her Broadway debut last year playing Debbie in the closing cast of "Billy Elliot."
Crawford, who has been in a community theater production of "Annie," beat out over 5,000 other little girls to play Annie during a coast-to-coast search that spanned nine months.
Says her mother, AnneMerie Donoghue: "I'm incredibly proud of her."
new york city, broadway, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run