11-year-old unveiled as Broadway's newest 'Annie'
NEW YORK - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Broadway's newest Annie is an 11-year-old from Los Angeles with long black curly hair who is already a Broadway veteran.
Lilla Crawford was unveiled Friday as the girl slated to play the title role in a fall revival of the Tony Award-winning musical "Annie."
Says Crawford: "It's going to be so fun."
She made her Broadway debut last year playing Debbie in the closing cast of "Billy Elliot."
Crawford, who has been in a community theater production of "Annie," beat out over 5,000 other little girls to play Annie during a coast-to-coast search that spanned nine months.
Says her mother, AnneMerie Donoghue: "I'm incredibly proud of her."
new york city, broadway, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 10 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 38 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos