11-year-old unveiled as Broadway's newest 'Annie'
NEW YORK - April 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Broadway's newest Annie is an 11-year-old from Los Angeles with long black curly hair who is already a Broadway veteran.
Lilla Crawford was unveiled Friday as the girl slated to play the title role in a fall revival of the Tony Award-winning musical "Annie."
Says Crawford: "It's going to be so fun."
She made her Broadway debut last year playing Debbie in the closing cast of "Billy Elliot."
Crawford, who has been in a community theater production of "Annie," beat out over 5,000 other little girls to play Annie during a coast-to-coast search that spanned nine months.
Says her mother, AnneMerie Donoghue: "I'm incredibly proud of her."
new york city, broadway, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 12 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 59 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 45 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 51 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply