Comedian Martin Lawrence files for divorce in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Court records show Martin Lawrence has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly two years.
The actor-comedian cited irreconcilable differences in his filing Wednesday. He and Shamicka Lawrence married in July 2010.
The couple dated for years and have two daughters together, ages 9 and 11. The 47-year-old star of "Big Momma's House" and the sitcom "Martin" is seeking joint custody of the children.
The filings state the couple separated last week and they have a prenuptial agreement.
The divorce was first reported Monday by celebrity website TMZ.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed