Comedian Martin Lawrence files for divorce in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) -May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Court records show Martin Lawrence has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly two years.
The actor-comedian cited irreconcilable differences in his filing Wednesday. He and Shamicka Lawrence married in July 2010.
The couple dated for years and have two daughters together, ages 9 and 11. The 47-year-old star of "Big Momma's House" and the sitcom "Martin" is seeking joint custody of the children.
The filings state the couple separated last week and they have a prenuptial agreement.
The divorce was first reported Monday by celebrity website TMZ.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 10 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 19 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 9 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc