4-alarm fire damages Tyler Perry Studios in Ga.
ATLANTA (AP) - May 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Atlanta fire officials say they have put out a 4-alarm blaze at Tyler Perry Studios that damaged a building at the complex.
Atlanta Fire Department spokesman Capt. Jolyon Bundrige says there were no reports of injuries from the fire that started before 9 p.m. Tuesday. Officials said in a news release it was extinguished about an hour later.
He says the cause of the fire and the amount of damage to the complex was not immediately known
A spokesman for Tyler Perry did not immediately comment Tuesday evening. The studio's website says the complex includes a 200,000-square-foot studio, five sound stages and a 400-seat theater in southwest Atlanta.
In March, pop star Cee Lo performed for donors at a fundraiser for President Barack Obama at the studios.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 14 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 10 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
10 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
14 min ago