Movie "Dead Man Down" shooting in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - May 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Terrence Howard, Armand Assante and Colin Farrell are all in Philadelphia shooting a new movie and Alicia Vitarelli checked out the scene.
The film, titled "Dead Man Down," is scheduled to be in Philadelphia for about 2 months and is expected to pump a great deal of revenue into the region. Some estimates put the cash flowing into the region in the tens of millions of dollars. Roughly 70% to 80% of the people working on the film are local residents.
"It's about the underworld, sort of 'Gangster Land' of New York city," producer Joseph Colfo told Alicia. "And all these different factions coming together at once. There's a revenge story that runs throughout, but I don't want to give away the plot."
The filming is going to keep a section of Walnut Street, between 16th and 17th streets, blocked off for filming.
The section of Walnut street has undergone some cosmetic changes to make it pass a New York City. For instance, signs for 17th Street have been changed to East 17th Street, and New York City taxi cabs have been brought in as have license plates for other vehicles in the shots. It will be closed to traffic from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. through Monday for filming
"It's wonderful. I mean, 22 years of living here and it's the first time I've been able to shoot a movie here. So it's like a little blessing," Terrence Howard told Alicia Vitarelli. "My kids are going to come down and that's kind of nice."
"We're very happy to be here," Armand Assante added. "The people are so lovely; Very, very generous and giving, very warm feeling."
6at4, philadelphia, movies, center city, entertainment
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 51 min ago
- Temps soar above normal 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 20 min ago
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 8 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 23 min ago
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 45 min ago
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 17 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
17 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
12 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
20 min ago