Movie "Dead Man Down" shooting in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - May 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Terrence Howard, Armand Assante and Colin Farrell are all in Philadelphia shooting a new movie and Alicia Vitarelli checked out the scene.
The film, titled "Dead Man Down," is scheduled to be in Philadelphia for about 2 months and is expected to pump a great deal of revenue into the region. Some estimates put the cash flowing into the region in the tens of millions of dollars. Roughly 70% to 80% of the people working on the film are local residents.
"It's about the underworld, sort of 'Gangster Land' of New York city," producer Joseph Colfo told Alicia. "And all these different factions coming together at once. There's a revenge story that runs throughout, but I don't want to give away the plot."
The filming is going to keep a section of Walnut Street, between 16th and 17th streets, blocked off for filming.
The section of Walnut street has undergone some cosmetic changes to make it pass a New York City. For instance, signs for 17th Street have been changed to East 17th Street, and New York City taxi cabs have been brought in as have license plates for other vehicles in the shots. It will be closed to traffic from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. through Monday for filming
"It's wonderful. I mean, 22 years of living here and it's the first time I've been able to shoot a movie here. So it's like a little blessing," Terrence Howard told Alicia Vitarelli. "My kids are going to come down and that's kind of nice."
"We're very happy to be here," Armand Assante added. "The people are so lovely; Very, very generous and giving, very warm feeling."
6at4, philadelphia, movies, center city, entertainment
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 45 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 18 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 43 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 44 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 1 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 1 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
41 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
40 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
45 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
44 min ago