Model, French magnate in NY child support duel
NEW YORK (AP) - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- She has one of the world's most famous faces. He's a billionaire fashion CEO. And they are facing off in a big-money child-support battle in New York.
Supermodel Linda Evangelista and ex-boyfriend Francois-Henri Pinault squared off Thursday in Manhattan Family Court. She's demanding that he pay child support for their 5-year-old son.
Evangelista has said she has gone through $46,000 a month on such expenses as armed bodyguards and a round-the-clock nanny for the boy, Augustin. Her lawyer says Pinault paid nothing until she went to court last year.
Evangelista and Pinault were briefly a couple in 2005 and 2006. He's now married to actress Salma Hayek. They have a 4-year-old daughter.
Pinault is the CEO of a company that owns Gucci, Balenciaga and other luxury brands.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)