Mick Jagger gets first hosting gig at 'SNL' finale
NEW YORK (AP) - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mick Jagger will test his comic chops later this month as host of the "Saturday Night Live" season finale.
The Rolling Stones frontman has been a musical guest twice before on the long-running NBC show, and the network said Thursday he will perform musically on the May 19 finale. But he has never been host before, a job that usually requires participation in several comic skits.
The Rolling Stones mark their 50th anniversary as a band this year, but have yet to announce any activities to commemorate the occasion.
Jagger last year put out a disc as part of a group called SuperHeavy, which also included reggae singer Damian Marley and former Eurythmics founder Dave Stewart.
mick jagger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 24 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion 56 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos