Mick Jagger gets first hosting gig at 'SNL' finale
NEW YORK (AP) - May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Mick Jagger will test his comic chops later this month as host of the "Saturday Night Live" season finale.
The Rolling Stones frontman has been a musical guest twice before on the long-running NBC show, and the network said Thursday he will perform musically on the May 19 finale. But he has never been host before, a job that usually requires participation in several comic skits.
The Rolling Stones mark their 50th anniversary as a band this year, but have yet to announce any activities to commemorate the occasion.
Jagger last year put out a disc as part of a group called SuperHeavy, which also included reggae singer Damian Marley and former Eurythmics founder Dave Stewart.
mick jagger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 43 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ