Jolie 'proud' to be honorary Sarajevo citizen
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) -May 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Angelina Jolie says she is grateful and proud to have officially been named an honorary citizen of Sarajevo and that she will visit the city this summer to personally express her gratitude.
The city held a ceremony to bestow the honor upon Jolie on Thursday. In an audio message played during the event at the National Theater, Jolie said she was "proud to now be a part of such an extraordinary part of the world and fellow citizen to the people I deeply love and admire."
The city decided to honor the actress for her role in preserving the "truth about the war" in Bosnia through her directorial debut "In the Land of Blood and Honey."
Jolie was invited to attend the ceremony Thursday but said in her message she will be able to come in July.
angelina jolie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs