Sculptor known for 'LOVE' works sued by Monaco man
ROCKLAND, Maine - May 07, 2012 (WPVI) -- An art buyer from Monaco has filed a lawsuit against Pop artist Robert Indiana, the sculptor known for his "LOVE" works.
Joao Tovar filed the lawsuit against Indiana last week in Maine's Knox County Superior Court, claiming Indiana's actions made Tovar's investment in what he thought were the artist's works worthless.
Indiana lives in the Maine town of Vinalhaven. His sculptures feature the L above the V and an off-kilter O above the E.
Tovar alleges in his suit that he purchased versions of those sculptures with the word "Prem" - Hindi for love - that he thought were created by Indiana and were worth $1.5 million.
When Indiana said he did not create them, the suit says the sculptures were made worthless. The Bangor Daily News (http://bit.ly/JOGT4y ) reports that Tovar is seeking damages.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 7 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 58 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 11 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
4 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
58 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
7 min ago