Sculptor known for 'LOVE' works sued by Monaco man
ROCKLAND, Maine - May 07, 2012 (WPVI) -- An art buyer from Monaco has filed a lawsuit against Pop artist Robert Indiana, the sculptor known for his "LOVE" works.
Joao Tovar filed the lawsuit against Indiana last week in Maine's Knox County Superior Court, claiming Indiana's actions made Tovar's investment in what he thought were the artist's works worthless.
Indiana lives in the Maine town of Vinalhaven. His sculptures feature the L above the V and an off-kilter O above the E.
Tovar alleges in his suit that he purchased versions of those sculptures with the word "Prem" - Hindi for love - that he thought were created by Indiana and were worth $1.5 million.
When Indiana said he did not create them, the suit says the sculptures were made worthless. The Bangor Daily News (http://bit.ly/JOGT4y ) reports that Tovar is seeking damages.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 38 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 37 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 25 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 19 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
38 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
37 min ago