NY judge OKs model, billionaire child support deal
NEW YORK (AP) -May 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Supermodel Linda Evangelista and a French billionaire say they're glad for their son's sake they've settled their New York City child-support fight.
Evangelista and Francois-Henri Pinault issued a statement through a spokesman Tuesday. A magistrate signed off hours earlier on their agreement and sealed it from public view.
The statement says the two are happy they were "able to reach an agreement for the benefit and well-being" of their son.
Pinault is CEO of luxury-brands conglomerate PPR. He and Evangelista dated for about four months. He later married actress Salma Hayek.
Evangelista has said she spends $46,000 a month on armed bodyguards, a 24-hour-a-day nanny and other expenses for the boy. She said she willingly paid all the bills at first but now needs help.
new york, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ