Brad Pitt tapped to star in Chanel perfume ads
NEW YORK (AP) -May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Brad Pitt is the new face of Chanel's No. 5 perfume.
The French-based company announced Wednesday that the 48-year-old actor will star in an upcoming ad campaign for its signature women's scent. Other famous names who have been the face of Chanel include Catherine Deneuve, Nicole Kidman and Audrey Tautou.
Chanel's founding designer, the late Coco Chanel, also modeled in ads in 1937 for what is now the company's oldest fragrance. It remains one of the world's top-selling perfumes.
Pitt, a former People magazine Sexiest Man Alive, is engaged to long-time companion Angelina Jolie.
brad pitt, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 42 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 7 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 13 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 29 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos