Brad Pitt tapped to star in Chanel perfume ads
NEW YORK (AP) -May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Brad Pitt is the new face of Chanel's No. 5 perfume.
The French-based company announced Wednesday that the 48-year-old actor will star in an upcoming ad campaign for its signature women's scent. Other famous names who have been the face of Chanel include Catherine Deneuve, Nicole Kidman and Audrey Tautou.
Chanel's founding designer, the late Coco Chanel, also modeled in ads in 1937 for what is now the company's oldest fragrance. It remains one of the world's top-selling perfumes.
Pitt, a former People magazine Sexiest Man Alive, is engaged to long-time companion Angelina Jolie.
brad pitt, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 34 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
25 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
34 min ago