Brad Pitt tapped to star in Chanel perfume ads
NEW YORK (AP) -May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Brad Pitt is the new face of Chanel's No. 5 perfume.
The French-based company announced Wednesday that the 48-year-old actor will star in an upcoming ad campaign for its signature women's scent. Other famous names who have been the face of Chanel include Catherine Deneuve, Nicole Kidman and Audrey Tautou.
Chanel's founding designer, the late Coco Chanel, also modeled in ads in 1937 for what is now the company's oldest fragrance. It remains one of the world's top-selling perfumes.
Pitt, a former People magazine Sexiest Man Alive, is engaged to long-time companion Angelina Jolie.
brad pitt, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician 53 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- POLL: Should Boy Scouts lift ban on gay scouts?