'General Hospital' leads way in Emmy nods
NEW YORK (AP) -May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- ABC's "General Hospital" leads the way with 23 nominations for Daytime Emmy Awards.
The television academy announced Wednesday that the venerable soap opera will compete with NBC's "Days of Our Lives," CBS' "The Young and the Restless" and the canceled "All My Children" of ABC for best daytime drama. NBC's "The Bold and the Beautiful" has won the trophy three years in a row but wasn't nominated this year.
Other repeat winners are possible, though: Ben Bailey of "Cash Cab" was nominated for best game show host and Dr. Mehmet Oz as best talk show host.
"Sesame Street" and "The Young and the Restless" tied for second most nominations, with 16 apiece. ABC was the most honored network with 56 nominations. The ceremony will be held in Beverly Hills, Calif., on June 23.
abc, general hospital, emmy awards, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 28 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 23 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
28 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
23 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
37 min ago