Grateful Dead drummer has book deal
NEW YORK (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Founding Grateful Dead member Bill Kreutzmann has a long, strange story to tell.
The drummer is working on a memoir scheduled to be published in 2015 by St. Martin's Press, the publisher announced Wednesday. The book, currently untitled, will include reflections on his "deep bond" with the late Jerry Garcia and memories of Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones and the Allman Brothers.
Kreutzmann, who turned 66 this week, helped form the Dead in the mid-1960s along with Garcia, Phil Lesh, Bob Weir and Ron "Pigpen" McKernan. Since Garcia's death in 1995, Kreutzmann has been touring with his own bands and playing with a wide variety of musicians, from Phish and Journey guitarist Neal Schon to Lesh and other former members of the Dead.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 36 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 39 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
20 min ago