Grateful Dead drummer has book deal
NEW YORK (AP) - May 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Founding Grateful Dead member Bill Kreutzmann has a long, strange story to tell.
The drummer is working on a memoir scheduled to be published in 2015 by St. Martin's Press, the publisher announced Wednesday. The book, currently untitled, will include reflections on his "deep bond" with the late Jerry Garcia and memories of Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones and the Allman Brothers.
Kreutzmann, who turned 66 this week, helped form the Dead in the mid-1960s along with Garcia, Phil Lesh, Bob Weir and Ron "Pigpen" McKernan. Since Garcia's death in 1995, Kreutzmann has been touring with his own bands and playing with a wide variety of musicians, from Phish and Journey guitarist Neal Schon to Lesh and other former members of the Dead.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 36 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
8 min ago