Witherspoon's parents at odds over new marriage
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) May 10. 2012 (WPVI) -- Actress Reese Witherspoon's mother has filed a petition of annulment to wipe out her husband's recent second marriage.
Mary Elizabeth Witherspoon says in court documents filed May 8 that her husband John Drake Witherspoon has taken a second wife who may be taking advantage of his mental condition.
The couple has been separated since 1996, but remains married.
The filing alleges John Witherspoon's new wife has tried to take out loans as Mrs. John Witherspoon, lives in his condo and has had him sign a new will.
A message for Reese Witherspoon's publicist was not immediately returned. Neither was a message left for John Witherspoon at his office.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 34 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 9 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 9 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance 58 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's