ABC televising tightrope walk over Niagara Falls
NEW YORK (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- ABC is turning Nik Wallenda's attempted tightrope walk over Niagara Falls into a prime-time television event next month.
The network said Friday it will devote its entire prime-time schedule to a three-hour special on June 15 with the daredevil's attempt. Part of the show will be an examination of the greatest stunts of all time.
Wallenda is a member of the famous daredevil family. His great-grandfather, Karl, fell to his death in a tightrope walk in Puerto Rico at age 78.
Daredevils routinely used to make tightrope walks over the Niagara River gorge, downstream of the falls, until the practice was banned. Nik Wallenda's stunt will be the first attempted walk over the falls themselves.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 37 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 29 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
1 min ago