Bristol Palin: Children do better with mom, dad
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bristol Palin says children do better with a mother and father.
The daughter of 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin made the comment on the religious website patheos.com. She was responding to President Barack Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage.
Palin quickly drew fire from critics who note she was an unwed mother at age 17.
"Jersey Shore" star Jenni "JWOWW" Farley tweeted, "Bristol should keep her uneducated ignorant mouth shut. If Ur living in the past u wouldn't have a kid w/out marriage (hash)hypocrite. It's 2012!"
Obama said his position evolved after discussions with his wife and daughters. He told ABC News his daughters would never imagine "that somehow their friends' parents would be treated differently."
Palin is filming "Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp" for Lifetime. Tripp is the name of her 3-year-old son.
bristol palin, children, alaska, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 50 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 6 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 11 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 17 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 35 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 26 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 35 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
6 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
11 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
27 min ago