Bristol Palin: Children do better with mom, dad
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Bristol Palin says children do better with a mother and father.
The daughter of 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin made the comment on the religious website patheos.com. She was responding to President Barack Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage.
Palin quickly drew fire from critics who note she was an unwed mother at age 17.
"Jersey Shore" star Jenni "JWOWW" Farley tweeted, "Bristol should keep her uneducated ignorant mouth shut. If Ur living in the past u wouldn't have a kid w/out marriage (hash)hypocrite. It's 2012!"
Obama said his position evolved after discussions with his wife and daughters. He told ABC News his daughters would never imagine "that somehow their friends' parents would be treated differently."
Palin is filming "Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp" for Lifetime. Tripp is the name of her 3-year-old son.
bristol palin, children, alaska, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 4 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 39 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
4 min ago