Reese Witherspoon's parents in emergency hearing
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Reese Witherspoon's family has gathered in a Nashville, Tenn., courtroom for an emergency conservatorship hearing.
Witherspoon's mother, Betty, petitioned a judge earlier this week to have her estranged husband John's recent - and possibly illegal - marriage annulled.
A video on The Tennessean website shows the visibly pregnant Witherspoon holding her father's arm as they walked into a courtroom Friday afternoon.
A judge sealed all records in the case and barred media from the hearing, The Tennessean reports. A court clerk said Friday there was no record of the hearing as the courthouse closed.
John and Betty Witherspoon are still married, but have been separated for more than 15 years. She says her husband married Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 12 and may be in a weakened mental state.
tennessee, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 47 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 55 min ago
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 37 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 45 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila....
47 min ago
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
45 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
37 min ago