Reese Witherspoon's parents in emergency hearing
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Reese Witherspoon's family has gathered in a Nashville, Tenn., courtroom for an emergency conservatorship hearing.
Witherspoon's mother, Betty, petitioned a judge earlier this week to have her estranged husband John's recent - and possibly illegal - marriage annulled.
A video on The Tennessean website shows the visibly pregnant Witherspoon holding her father's arm as they walked into a courtroom Friday afternoon.
A judge sealed all records in the case and barred media from the hearing, The Tennessean reports. A court clerk said Friday there was no record of the hearing as the courthouse closed.
John and Betty Witherspoon are still married, but have been separated for more than 15 years. She says her husband married Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 12 and may be in a weakened mental state.
tennessee, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 27 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose