Reese Witherspoon's parents in emergency hearing
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Reese Witherspoon's family has gathered in a Nashville, Tenn., courtroom for an emergency conservatorship hearing.
Witherspoon's mother, Betty, petitioned a judge earlier this week to have her estranged husband John's recent - and possibly illegal - marriage annulled.
A video on The Tennessean website shows the visibly pregnant Witherspoon holding her father's arm as they walked into a courtroom Friday afternoon.
A judge sealed all records in the case and barred media from the hearing, The Tennessean reports. A court clerk said Friday there was no record of the hearing as the courthouse closed.
John and Betty Witherspoon are still married, but have been separated for more than 15 years. She says her husband married Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 12 and may be in a weakened mental state.
tennessee, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 23 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 20 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 10 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
20 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
10 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos