Reese Witherspoon's parents in emergency hearing
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Reese Witherspoon's family has gathered in a Nashville, Tenn., courtroom for an emergency conservatorship hearing.
Witherspoon's mother, Betty, petitioned a judge earlier this week to have her estranged husband John's recent - and possibly illegal - marriage annulled.
A video on The Tennessean website shows the visibly pregnant Witherspoon holding her father's arm as they walked into a courtroom Friday afternoon.
A judge sealed all records in the case and barred media from the hearing, The Tennessean reports. A court clerk said Friday there was no record of the hearing as the courthouse closed.
John and Betty Witherspoon are still married, but have been separated for more than 15 years. She says her husband married Tricianne Taylor on Jan. 12 and may be in a weakened mental state.
tennessee, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 46 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 5 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 17 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 13 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 59 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
13 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
39 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos