Jay-Z to headline music festival on Ben Franklin Parkway
PHILADELPHIA - May 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- 14-time Grammy Award winner Jay-Z will curate and headline a multi-day music festival coming to Philadelphia Labor Day weekend on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
With the backdrop of an American flag, the rapper and entertainment mogul alongside Mayor Michael Nutter officially announced the first Budweiser Made in America music festival today on the steps of the Art Museum.
The roster will include nearly 30 acts "that embody the American spirit" - ranging from rock, hip-hop, R&B, Latin and dance. The line up will be announced on May 21.
The two-day music festival will be stretched across three stages on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park on Saturday, September 1, and Sunday, September 2.
Budweiser and Live Nation are producing the performances, and an undetermined chunk of money will go to the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey.
Tickets for the event are set to go on sale on Wednesday, May 23, through Ticketmaster.com and Livenation.com. A limited number of 2-day tickets will be available for $99 (plus service charges). Tickets will be made available a day early on Tuesday, May 22 on Budweiser Facebook fan page.
Jay-Z did upload a teaser video starring the Philadelphia skyline to his website, which can be seen here.
jay z, philadelphia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 27 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
27 min ago