Jay-Z to headline music festival on Ben Franklin Parkway
PHILADELPHIA - May 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- 14-time Grammy Award winner Jay-Z will curate and headline a multi-day music festival coming to Philadelphia Labor Day weekend on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
With the backdrop of an American flag, the rapper and entertainment mogul alongside Mayor Michael Nutter officially announced the first Budweiser Made in America music festival today on the steps of the Art Museum.
The roster will include nearly 30 acts "that embody the American spirit" - ranging from rock, hip-hop, R&B, Latin and dance. The line up will be announced on May 21.
The two-day music festival will be stretched across three stages on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park on Saturday, September 1, and Sunday, September 2.
Budweiser and Live Nation are producing the performances, and an undetermined chunk of money will go to the United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey.
Tickets for the event are set to go on sale on Wednesday, May 23, through Ticketmaster.com and Livenation.com. A limited number of 2-day tickets will be available for $99 (plus service charges). Tickets will be made available a day early on Tuesday, May 22 on Budweiser Facebook fan page.
Jay-Z did upload a teaser video starring the Philadelphia skyline to his website, which can be seen here.
jay z, philadelphia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man