Lady Gaga may have to cancel Indonesia concert
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) - May 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lady Gaga might have to cancel her sold-out show in Indonesia because Islamic hard-liners and conservative lawmakers objected.
National police spokesman Boy Rafli Amar said the permit was denied for the June 3 "Born This Way" concert that was to be the biggest show on her Asian tour.
Concert promoter Michael Rusli had already sold 52,000 tickets. He could not immediately be reached for comment Tuesday.
Indonesia's Muslims are mostly moderate but a hardline fringe has become increasingly vocal.
Some Islamic groups have protested the diva's provocative clothing and said her sexy show will corrupt Indonesian youths.
Her concerts in South Korea were limited to fans 18 or older because conservatives raised objections.
lady gaga, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse 1 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Plane towed, probe begins in gear collapse
1 min ago