Students in tornado-hit community await 'Lady A'
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- One of country music's biggest acts is preparing to stage a benefit concert for a southern Indiana town battered by March tornadoes.
Grammy-winning Lady Antebellum is scheduled to perform Wednesday night at the KFC Yum Center in Louisville, Ky., to raise money for rebuilding Henryville, Ind., about 20 miles to the north.
The country trio will also hold a "mini-prom" for about 200 juniors and seniors from Henryville Junior-Senior High School.
The school landed both events in late March by winning Lady Antebellum's online contest offering one school a concert at its prom. Schools as far away as northern Wisconsin submitted YouTube videos on Henryville's behalf.
The unincorporated town was hit by two tornadoes March 2, a day when storms killed 13 people in Indiana and 24 in Kentucky.
indiana, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 59 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
59 min ago