Students in tornado-hit community await 'Lady A'
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- One of country music's biggest acts is preparing to stage a benefit concert for a southern Indiana town battered by March tornadoes.
Grammy-winning Lady Antebellum is scheduled to perform Wednesday night at the KFC Yum Center in Louisville, Ky., to raise money for rebuilding Henryville, Ind., about 20 miles to the north.
The country trio will also hold a "mini-prom" for about 200 juniors and seniors from Henryville Junior-Senior High School.
The school landed both events in late March by winning Lady Antebellum's online contest offering one school a concert at its prom. Schools as far away as northern Wisconsin submitted YouTube videos on Henryville's behalf.
The unincorporated town was hit by two tornadoes March 2, a day when storms killed 13 people in Indiana and 24 in Kentucky.
indiana, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 27 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 39 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 12 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 3 min ago
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 24 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 12 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
4 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
39 min ago