Students in tornado-hit community await 'Lady A'
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - May 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- One of country music's biggest acts is preparing to stage a benefit concert for a southern Indiana town battered by March tornadoes.
Grammy-winning Lady Antebellum is scheduled to perform Wednesday night at the KFC Yum Center in Louisville, Ky., to raise money for rebuilding Henryville, Ind., about 20 miles to the north.
The country trio will also hold a "mini-prom" for about 200 juniors and seniors from Henryville Junior-Senior High School.
The school landed both events in late March by winning Lady Antebellum's online contest offering one school a concert at its prom. Schools as far away as northern Wisconsin submitted YouTube videos on Henryville's behalf.
The unincorporated town was hit by two tornadoes March 2, a day when storms killed 13 people in Indiana and 24 in Kentucky.
indiana, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 11 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm 29 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 28 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 35 min ago
- Police: Pedestrian struck and killed in...
15 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos