Kanye West to debut short film at Cannes festival
CANNES, France (AP) - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Kanye West will debut a short film titled "Cruel Summer" at the Cannes Film Festival.
The rapper announced Friday that he'll present the film on Wednesday at the French festival. West and his creative collective DONDA will screen the "short art film" out of competition in Cannes.
West's press release promises "a fusion of short film and art installation" and an "immersive seven-screen experience." It will remain open to the public for two days following its premiere.
West has previously directed music videos for his music, including 2010's "Runaway."
kanye west, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 22 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 42 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom