Jackie Chan goes out fighting
Cannes, France (AP) - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jackie Chan says he is landing his last punch. The Hong Kong actor told the AP on Friday that his latest film "Chinese Zodiac" will be his last action movie.
Chan, launching the film in Cannes with co-stars Kwone Sang Woo, Yao Xingtong and Liao Fan, said that people never believe him when he says he is going to retire.
"They say 'no, you're still young, you can still do it,' but I have to stop one day."
The 58-year-old says he is bowing out with "Chinese Zodiac" because it's one of the "most important" films in his career.
Chan wrote, produced, directed and coordinated fights scenes for the film - in which his character searches for the 12 bronze heads of the Chinese zodiac.
Chan promised that he'll continue to make films, but with more acting than action, citing Robert DeNiro and Clint Eastwood his role models.
france, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 25 min ago
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
45 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
25 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos