Private family funeral planned for Donna Summer
NEW YORK - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Donna Summer's funeral will be a private one for family and close friends.
Publicist Brian Edwards said in a statement Friday that Summer's family is overwhelmed and appreciates the outreach from fans and friends, but that her funeral services will remain private.
He didn't provide details on when and where services would be held.
Summer died Thursday morning of lung cancer at age 63 in Naples, Fla. Edwards also said that the singer did not smoke.
Summer earned the title of Queen of Disco after releasing a string of dance hits in the 1970s, including "I Feel Love," ''Love to Love You Baby" and "Last Dance."
new york, cancer, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 2 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad