Private family funeral planned for Donna Summer
NEW YORK - May 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Donna Summer's funeral will be a private one for family and close friends.
Publicist Brian Edwards said in a statement Friday that Summer's family is overwhelmed and appreciates the outreach from fans and friends, but that her funeral services will remain private.
He didn't provide details on when and where services would be held.
Summer died Thursday morning of lung cancer at age 63 in Naples, Fla. Edwards also said that the singer did not smoke.
Summer earned the title of Queen of Disco after releasing a string of dance hits in the 1970s, including "I Feel Love," ''Love to Love You Baby" and "Last Dance."
new york, cancer, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)