Ray J hospitalized near Las Vegas for exhaustion
NEW YORK (AP) - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- R&B singer Ray J has been hospitalized near Las Vegas for exhaustion.
Ray J's representative said in a statement Tuesday that the singer went to the hospital Monday and "will remain there for treatment for exhaustion and jet lag."
The rep says Ray J was in Las Vegas to host a party and also attended Sunday's Billboard Music Awards. The rep adds that Ray J had just returned from performing in China.
Ray J is R&B singer Brandy's younger brother. He was close friends with Whitney Houston and said in March that he was "still hurting" a month after she drowned in a bathtub in California at age 48.
Sunday's award show featured a tribute to Houston by John Legend and Jordin Sparks.
las vegas, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- SEPTA unveils contingency plan; union says strike unlikely 4 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 22 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 19 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 40 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
22 min ago