Gambling claims with Houston daughter investigated
LAS VEGAS (AP) -May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Casino regulators are investigating whether the 19-year-old daughter of late pop singer Whitney Houston gambled at a Las Vegas Strip resort.
State Gaming Control Board Chairman Mark Lipparelli told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that investigators are checking if Bobbi Kristina Brown played slot machines at the MGM Grand, and whether casino employees knew if she did.
The legal gambling age in Nevada is 21. Underage gambling is a misdemeanor, and resort owner MGM Resorts International could face fines.
Celebrity website TMZ.com posted a video Monday allegedly showing Brown playing slot machines while she was in town Sunday to attend the Billboard Music Awards.
Bobbi Kristina Brown is the daughter of Houston and entertainer Bobby Brown. Houston died in February.
Spokesman Gordon Absher says the casino is cooperating.
gambling, las vegas, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow Arriving 10 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
10 min ago