Gambling claims with Houston daughter investigated
LAS VEGAS (AP) -May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Casino regulators are investigating whether the 19-year-old daughter of late pop singer Whitney Houston gambled at a Las Vegas Strip resort.
State Gaming Control Board Chairman Mark Lipparelli told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that investigators are checking if Bobbi Kristina Brown played slot machines at the MGM Grand, and whether casino employees knew if she did.
The legal gambling age in Nevada is 21. Underage gambling is a misdemeanor, and resort owner MGM Resorts International could face fines.
Celebrity website TMZ.com posted a video Monday allegedly showing Brown playing slot machines while she was in town Sunday to attend the Billboard Music Awards.
Bobbi Kristina Brown is the daughter of Houston and entertainer Bobby Brown. Houston died in February.
Spokesman Gordon Absher says the casino is cooperating.
gambling, las vegas, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 6 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 57 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
19 min ago