UK hacker hits Justin Bieber's girlfriend account
LONDON (AP) -May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Britain's judiciary says that a 21-year-old sentenced last week for hacking into a U.S.-based Facebook account accessed the page belonging to teen actress Selena Gomez, who is the girlfriend of pop idol Justin Bieber.
Gareth Crosskey was jailed for 12 months Wednesday after pleading guilty to crimes under Britain's Computer Misuse Act. His victim wasn't identified at the time, but The Sun newspaper named her as Gomez.
The tabloid said Crosskey posted the words "Justin Bieber sucks" to her Facebook page, prompting a torrent of abuse from the singer's fans. It also said Crosskey claimed to have intercepted messages between the pair.
Britain's judicial official, who spoke on condition of anonymity in line with office rules, confirmed Tuesday that The Sun's story was accurate.
Gomez's representatives did not immediately return emails.
justin bieber, selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 42 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting 58 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 57 min ago
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes 52 min ago
- Finding the perfect bra 51 min ago
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
42 min ago
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden...
58 min ago
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
57 min ago