UK hacker hits Justin Bieber's girlfriend account
LONDON (AP) -May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Britain's judiciary says that a 21-year-old sentenced last week for hacking into a U.S.-based Facebook account accessed the page belonging to teen actress Selena Gomez, who is the girlfriend of pop idol Justin Bieber.
Gareth Crosskey was jailed for 12 months Wednesday after pleading guilty to crimes under Britain's Computer Misuse Act. His victim wasn't identified at the time, but The Sun newspaper named her as Gomez.
The tabloid said Crosskey posted the words "Justin Bieber sucks" to her Facebook page, prompting a torrent of abuse from the singer's fans. It also said Crosskey claimed to have intercepted messages between the pair.
Britain's judicial official, who spoke on condition of anonymity in line with office rules, confirmed Tuesday that The Sun's story was accurate.
Gomez's representatives did not immediately return emails.
justin bieber, selena gomez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 26 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 27 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos