R&B singer Usher claims ex-wife spit at girlfriend
ATLANTA (AP) -May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- R&B singer Usher Raymond is locked in a legal battle with his ex-wife arising from a custody fight over their two sons.
The 33-year-old testified in court on Tuesday that Tameka Foster Raymond spit at and tried to fight his girlfriend during one visit. He alleged that his ex-wife hit him during the dispute, but that he didn't press charges because "I didn't want the boys to know that their father put their mother in jail."
Tameka Raymond's attorney claims that Usher provoked her client and that his account is exaggerated.
The two were married in 2007 and divorced two years later. Tameka Raymond has since fought for full custody of their two sons while Usher Raymond wants more visitation rights.
usher, divorce, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 10 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 2 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 21 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 25 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
10 min ago