Actor Michael McKean struck by car in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Michael McKean, who portrayed the lead singer in the movie "This is Spinal Tap," was injured when he was struck by a car in New York City.
A McKean spokeswoman, Harriet Sternberg, said the actor suffered a broken leg.
Emergency officials say McKean was struck at West 86th Street and Broadway in Manhattan just before 3 p.m. Tuesday. McKean was taken to St. Luke's hospital. Police said he was in stable condition. They had no further details.
McKean also played Lenny on the hit television show "Laverne & Shirley." He is currently starring in the Broadway production of Gore Vidal's political drama, "Best Man."
new york, new york city, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 5 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 30 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 49 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 53 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
5 min ago