Actor Michael McKean struck by car in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Actor Michael McKean, who portrayed the lead singer in the movie "This is Spinal Tap," was injured when he was struck by a car in New York City.
A McKean spokeswoman, Harriet Sternberg, said the actor suffered a broken leg.
Emergency officials say McKean was struck at West 86th Street and Broadway in Manhattan just before 3 p.m. Tuesday. McKean was taken to St. Luke's hospital. Police said he was in stable condition. They had no further details.
McKean also played Lenny on the hit television show "Laverne & Shirley." He is currently starring in the Broadway production of Gore Vidal's political drama, "Best Man."
new york, new york city, accident, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 10 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized