Football star Donald Driver is new 'Dancing' champ
LOS ANGELES (AP) - May 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- He already has a Super Bowl ring, and now football star Donald Driver can add the "Dancing With the Stars" mirrorball trophy to his awards collection.
The Green Bay Packers receiver won the ABC dance show Tuesday after wowing audiences and judges with his kickin' country-themed freestyle routine. He and partner Peta Murgatroyd hoisted the glittery prize above their heads after being named the new "Dancing" champs.
Streamers and confetti rained down from the ceiling, filling the ballroom as they celebrated. Driver's wife and children joined him on the dance floor.
With just one point separating the three finalists, it was up to the viewers to pick the winner.
He and his fellow finalists, Welsh singer Katherine Jenkins and Cuban actor William Levy, each earned perfect scores for their last performances Tuesday. Jenkins came into the final contest with a perfect 60 points; Driver and Levy each had 59.
Judges' scores combined with viewer votes determined the result.
Contestants eliminated throughout the show's 10-week season reunited for the two-hour finale. Martina Navratilova, Gavin DeGraw, Jack Wagner, Jaleel White, Sherri Shepherd, Melissa Gilbert, Roshon Fegan, Maria Menounos and Gladys Knight all donned costumes Tuesday for one last dance.
Knight did double performance duty, also singing "The Way We Were." Kelly Clarkson also performed on the show.
The next round of "Dancing With the Stars" will feature contestants from past seasons.
dancing with the stars, dancing with the stars, donald driver, martina navratilova, jack wagner, jaleel white, gavin degraw, roshon fegan, melissa gilbert, maria menounos, sherri shepherd, katherine jenkins, gladys knight, william levy, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 31 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos