A ball of one? Lady Gaga unsure of Indonesia show
JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) - May 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lady Gaga is as confused as anyone about whether she'll be allowed to perform in Indonesia.
Islamic hard-liners have threatened violence, saying her sexy clothes and provocative dance moves could corrupt youth. Police initially denied a permit for the "Born This Way Ball" but are now hinting the concert could go ahead if the pop diva tones down the show.
She tweeted Tuesday:
"The Jakarta situation is 2-fold: Indonesian authorities demand I censor the show & religious extremist separately, are threatening violence. If the show does go on as scheduled, I will perform the BTWBall alone."
What she meant wasn't clear, and her promoters have not commented.
Indonesia, a predominantly Muslim nation of 240 million people, was supposed to be the biggest show on Lady Gaga's Asian tour.
lady gaga, indonesia, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 40 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ