Actress Keira Knightley to wed musician Righton
LONDON (AP) -May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Keira Knightley, the glamorous star of "Pirates of the Caribbean," is engaged to marry musician James Righton, her publicist said Friday.
Publicist Sara Keene said the couple were not releasing any details of the proposal, and did not have any comment on wedding plans.
Righton is a keyboard player for the rock group Klaxons. He and Knightley, 27, have been dating since early last year. Previously, Knightley dated actor Rupert Friend for several years.
Knightley first won notice for her role as a soccer-playing teenager in "Bend It Like Beckham."
She went on to star in the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies and was nominated for an Oscar in 2006 for her role as Elizabeth Bennet in an adaptation of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 47 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
47 min ago