Actress Keira Knightley to wed musician Righton
LONDON (AP) -May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Keira Knightley, the glamorous star of "Pirates of the Caribbean," is engaged to marry musician James Righton, her publicist said Friday.
Publicist Sara Keene said the couple were not releasing any details of the proposal, and did not have any comment on wedding plans.
Righton is a keyboard player for the rock group Klaxons. He and Knightley, 27, have been dating since early last year. Previously, Knightley dated actor Rupert Friend for several years.
Knightley first won notice for her role as a soccer-playing teenager in "Bend It Like Beckham."
She went on to star in the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies and was nominated for an Oscar in 2006 for her role as Elizabeth Bennet in an adaptation of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 14 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 24 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 winners list
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos