Records: Winans' license suspended when carjacked
DETROIT (AP) - May 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Records show Detroit pastor and gospel singing icon Marvin Winans' driver's license was suspended and there was a warrant out for his arrest when he was carjacked last week.
The Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press report that the state suspended Winans' license May 9 after he failed to pay two December traffic tickets. The News says records show the arrest warrant was issued March 15 for his failure to appear at court for driving on a suspended license.
Winans said in a statement Thursday that notices weren't received because he had changed addresses, and staffers were working to resolve the issues before the carjacking.
Winans, who delivered singer Whitney Houston's eulogy in February, was attacked May 16 while pumping gas in Detroit. Three young men have been charged.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 43 min ago
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos