Katie Finneran to join cast of Broadway's 'Annie'
NEW YORK (AP) - May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Finneran is about to get evil - playing Miss Hannigan in the new production of "Annie" on Brodway.
Producers said Friday that the two-time Tony Award winner has been cast as the cruel head of Annie's orphanage in the show that begins reviews Oct. 3 at the Palace Theatre.
Finneran won a Tony for her performance in the recent Broadway revival of "Promises, Promises" and another in "Noises Off." Her other Broadway credits include "Mauritius," ''Cabaret" and "The Iceman Cometh." Finneran starred this past season on Fox's series "I Hate My Teenage Daughter."
Based on the beloved comic strip that debuted in 1924, "Annie" first opened on Broadway in 1977 and ran for almost six years, fueled by songs including "It's the Hard-Knock Life" and "Tomorrow."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 50 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 30 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 58 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber