Katie Finneran to join cast of Broadway's 'Annie'
NEW YORK (AP) - May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Finneran is about to get evil - playing Miss Hannigan in the new production of "Annie" on Brodway.
Producers said Friday that the two-time Tony Award winner has been cast as the cruel head of Annie's orphanage in the show that begins reviews Oct. 3 at the Palace Theatre.
Finneran won a Tony for her performance in the recent Broadway revival of "Promises, Promises" and another in "Noises Off." Her other Broadway credits include "Mauritius," ''Cabaret" and "The Iceman Cometh." Finneran starred this past season on Fox's series "I Hate My Teenage Daughter."
Based on the beloved comic strip that debuted in 1924, "Annie" first opened on Broadway in 1977 and ran for almost six years, fueled by songs including "It's the Hard-Knock Life" and "Tomorrow."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized