Katie Finneran to join cast of Broadway's 'Annie'
NEW YORK (AP) - May 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Finneran is about to get evil - playing Miss Hannigan in the new production of "Annie" on Brodway.
Producers said Friday that the two-time Tony Award winner has been cast as the cruel head of Annie's orphanage in the show that begins reviews Oct. 3 at the Palace Theatre.
Finneran won a Tony for her performance in the recent Broadway revival of "Promises, Promises" and another in "Noises Off." Her other Broadway credits include "Mauritius," ''Cabaret" and "The Iceman Cometh." Finneran starred this past season on Fox's series "I Hate My Teenage Daughter."
Based on the beloved comic strip that debuted in 1924, "Annie" first opened on Broadway in 1977 and ran for almost six years, fueled by songs including "It's the Hard-Knock Life" and "Tomorrow."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ