Spanish pop star Alejandro Sanz marries girlfriend
MADRID (AP) -May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Spanish pop star Alejandro Sanz says he got married last week to long-time girlfriend Raquel Perera, and that they held a party at his farm over the weekend to celebrate with friends and baptize their 11-month-old son.
The Latin Grammy winner says the couple married in Barcelona on May 23, then headed to Sanz' farm in southeastern Spain for the wedding party and baptism on Saturday.
Sanz and Perera said Tuesday in a statement released by his Spanish agency that the religious wedding ceremony was held "in the strictest privacy" and that Saturday's event took place at his farm in the town of Jarandilla de la Vera.
The two have been together four years, and it's his second marriage. He is 43 and she is 37.
spain, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 22 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ