Wayne Newton denies museum developer allegations
LAS VEGAS (AP) - May 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wayne Newton's lawyers are denying allegations of mismanagement, animal abuse and sexual harassment lodged in a lawsuit against the Las Vegas entertainer by a business associate. And they're responding with counterclaims alleging breach of contract and fraud.
Documents filed Wednesday in Nevada state court say allegations in a lawsuit filed two weeks ago by the company that bought rights to convert Newton's home into a tourist attraction are "scurrilous and scandalous."
Attorney Bryce Kunimoto tells The Associated Press he's confident the legendary crooner and his family will be vindicated.
Kunimoto says the legal fight with CSD LLC, CSD Management LLC and DLH LLC boils down to a business dispute.
Both sides are due before a Clark County District Court judge Thursday on a restraining order that Newton is seeking.
las vegas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Comfortable, but breezy. 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 52 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Comfortable, but breezy.
7 min ago