Ohio bus driver drops lawsuit against Matthew Fox
CLEVELAND (AP) -June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A private bus driver in Ohio who claimed she was punched by Matthew Fox has withdrawn her lawsuit against the actor.
Heather Bormann sued the former star of TV's "Lost" in November, seeking $75,000 in damages. Fox countersued, claiming the Cleveland woman assaulted and slandered him. Court records show both suits were dropped Thursday.
Bormann had alleged Fox struck her in the breast, groin, arm and legs after she stopped him from boarding a chartered party bus on Aug. 28, 2011, in Cleveland. She says she hit him in self-defense. Fox was in town making a movie and wasn't charged.
Bormann's former attorney says the woman could not afford to continue the case.
Fox's attorneys referred calls to the actor's spokeswoman, who did not immediately respond to email messages.
ohio, lawsuit, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator