Sean 'Diddy' Combs' son gets football scholarship
LOS ANGELES (AP) -June 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Justin Combs, the 18-year-old son of hip-hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs, will attend UCLA on a $54,000 football scholarship.
It is one of 285 athletic scholarships the university hands out every year.
But it comes at a time when student fees are rising and a year after the university had to use more than $2 million in student fees to cover an athletic department funding gap.
UCLA says, however, that athletic scholarships are funded by ticket sales, corporate partnerships, media contracts and private donations.
The Los Angeles Times says the senior Combs is worth an estimated $475 million and gave his son a $360,000 Maybach car for his 16th birthday.
And Justin Combs has defended the scholarship in a tweet, saying he put the work in.
sean puffy combs, college, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 44 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 47 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball