John Mayer criticizes Taylor Swift for 'Dear John'
NEW YORK (AP) - June 6, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift has never revealed her target in the scathing song "Dear John," but John Mayer's pretty sure it was about him - and he doesn't think that's cool.
In a new Rolling Stone interview, Mayer called "Dear John" cheap songwriting and said it made him feel terrible - and he didn't deserve it.
Swift's song from the multiplatinum "Speak Now" album dresses down a former boyfriend. Swift has never confirmed that the pair dated and when asked pointedly refused to say that song was about Mayer.
Mayer says he did nothing to deserve the song and says Swift - his former musical collaborator - kicked him when he was down.
Mayer's "Born and Raised," his first album in three years, debuted as the nation's best-selling album last week.
taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 25 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos